Testimonials

Discuss any topic relevant to the ALS/Anesthetics Hypothesis. This forum is part of the ALS Anesthetics Project.
Forum rules
There is only one rule on this forum. Big Pharma is not welcome.

Testimonials

Postby sixwings » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:19 am

I've added this thread and made it 'stickie' in order to have a single place where PALS can announce their plans to experiment with anesthetics and their results, good or bad. Please stay on topic.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Re: Testimonials

Postby sixwings » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:36 am

Forum member Cypress plans to have sevoflurane treatment on August 14. Wait for his results.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Postby colibri » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Novocaine for Bulbar ALS?

Energy drinks have improved my speech for the short term as have, now get this, a visit to the dentist for a cavity and getting Novocaine injection in my jaw. My speech returned to almost normal for 3 days after the shot and it also improved the movements of my tongue. WHY? Who knows, I'll talk about it on here and if people want to go have Novocaine injections to see if there is improvements, great!

colibri

Postby Cypress » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 am

I only got ten minutes on sevoflurane, but my gains were better than 1200 mg propofol only. improved dexterity, smoother gate, and approximately 50 percent increase in grip strength. from 12 to 21 pounds left hand. 15 to 28 right. i now know that for me, sevoflurane is key to symptom reversal. Will continue testing
Cypress

Postby sixwings » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:49 pm

On February 12, 2007, my wife underwent a neck operation. She was anesthetized for about 1 hour and 20 minutes with volatile anesthetics via an endotracheal tube. Although the type of anesthetic is not specified in her records (see document below), we were told it was sevoflurane and nitrous oxide. Before the procedure, she suffered from a weak left leg and a left foot paralysis which forced her to use a walking cane. Although we did not know it at the time, her symptoms were caused by ALS. The next day after the operation, she noticed that all her symptoms were gone. She could walk normally as if she had never had a problem with her left leg or foot. Unfortunately, the improvements lasted less than a month after which the symptoms gradually returned.

med001.JPG
med001.JPG (144.77 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Postby stevehurrell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 am

my son andy who is a sufferer , had all his mercury fillings removed last year, afterwards he walked down three flights of stairs ,which we didn,t take much notice of at the time, we did not know about the anesthetic theory at the time ,we have checked with the dentist and he used lidnocain, but now he needs his wisdom tooth removed we are trying to find the best way to get him the biggest dose ,and also have him put out, but its not easy here in Britain , he will have to go to hospital , nobody likes using anesthetic , will let you all know when he,s had the procedure , but as this his only chance ,so we want to try and get sevoflurane and propofol if we can
stevehurrell

Postby sixwings » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:17 am

Steve, thanks for posting this. I believe that Lidocaine will prove to have enormous value to ALS patients. It's cheap and it's very safe compared to general anesthetics.

Note: I just now noticed that one of the medications that my wife received right before her neck surgery was Decadron, also known as Dexamethasone. Dexamethasone is a powerful anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant. Since ALS is accompanied by inflammation in the spinal cord and brain stem, it is possible that it could have contributed to my wife's spectacular recovery. A quick Google search reveals that there has been at least one report of remission attributed to this drug. I believe that ALS patients should experiment with anything that has the potential to improve their conditions. So, if you have ALS, see if you can get a prescription for Dexamethasone from your doctor. If not, try to obtain it anyway you can. You only have your life to lose and if breaking the law means that you survive this infernal disease, then, by all means, be an outlaw and be proud of it.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Return to The ALS/Anesthetics Hypothesis