BUMF

Welcome to the Rebel Science Discussion. If you're having difficulty registering to this Board, it's probably because your IP address is in my spam filter. Send me a note at lsavain@rebelscience.org with your IP address and I'll take care of it.

All the discussions on this board are accessible via rss newsfeed.
Forum rules
There is only one rule on this forum. If I don't like you, you're out. Otherwise, you can say anything you want.

BUMF

Postby harry666t » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 pm

BUMF - Bring up my forum.

Hey, people, what's wrong with you all? Are you so busy preparing for hibernation or what? The forum seems to be dying. Is anybody still doing any COSA-related thinking/rethinking/research/hacking? The only guy I've recently seen doing any work was Sparky, and even our mentor seems to be deep in the "physics mode" at this moment.

Actually, I'm a bit busy right now (on Erasmus in Greece - you see, parties, gigs, parties, trips, parties, trips, gigs, parties, parties, trips, some studying, and parties. Oops, did I say studying? Just joking!), buuuut, I've had lots of time to think and I guess I'll write a post summarizing my ideas related to creating a COSA-to-machine-code compiler. Please annoy me if I won't start a compiler topic soon.

And what are your excuses for this prolonged silence? : )
harry666t

Re: BUMF

Postby sprucely » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:45 am

It's difficult for me to get some momentum on this for multiple reasons I won't go into, but I have been thinking some about a Cosa development environment. I'm inclined to go with C# and WPF in spite of the fact that it limits the development environment to one platform. I'm currently working on a Visual Studio-type of interface for a project at work, and will soon begin working on a pedigree-tree explorer that makes use of http://graphsharp.codeplex.com/. Both of these are easily transferable to what would be needed in a development environment. If the interfaces are designed properly, implementations of them could be made to work with any VM.
sprucely

Re: BUMF

Postby harry666t » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:36 am

A little bit offtopic, but maybe we can have the cake and eat the cake. There is Silverlight, which is essentially a nice subset of WPF, and which is still portable (project Moonlight). I'm curious if Graph# and the underlying stack could be hacked to work on top of Silverlight. If I wouldn't have portability in mind, I'd go with Graph# at any moment.

By the way, I think we shouldn't put too much effort into the parts of COSA that will depend on the existing, algorithmic model. If the end product (applications created with COSA) is going to benefit from COSA, why should COSA not benefit from COSA as well?
harry666t

Return to Welcome