Anesthetics and ALS

Discuss any topic relevant to the ALS/Anesthetics Hypothesis. This forum is part of the ALS Anesthetics Project.
Forum rules
There is only one rule on this forum. Big Pharma is not welcome.

Re: Anesthetics and ALS

Postby fight must start » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am

louis as a person who has a member of his family with als you cannot feel guilty of anything, you have fought and it has been a really hard work all we know.
it is needed a hard person to be so many years taking care of a person with als and you only can feel proud of your work your patient and the love you gave her.
there was nothing more you could have done.
i repeat i am not totally convinced if anesthesics are the cure for als but if it is and your are so convinced fight must go on, and you alone cant make it by yourself.
SO I REPEAT THE SAME I SAID YESTERDAY WE NEED THE HELP OF THE PEOPLE WHO EXPERIENCED POSITIVEE RESULTS TO SHOW OFF YOUR TESTIMONY TO THE WORLD.
THE IMAGES MUST BE SHOWN. TV AS HAPPENED WITH DEANNA PROTOCOL MUST INFORM OF THAT HYPHOTESIS.
THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THAT A POSSIBLE CURE.
IT HAS BEEN SAID BY MEMBERS IN ALSTDI THAT THEY EXPERIENCED POSITIVE RESULTS, EVEN ONE SAID THAT HIS DOCTOR INFORMED OF THEM TO MAYO CLINIC AND THEY WERE GOING TO IMPLEMENT A EXPERIMENT.
WE HAVE NO TIME, WE DEPEND ON YOUR TESTIMONYS.
AS I SAID THAT IS A DEBT YOU HAVE TO LOUIS AND HIS WIFE AND AFTER TWO DAYS I HAVE NOT HEARD OF YOU.
YOU MUST PAY YOUR DEBT TO HIM AND TO THE HUMANITY.
THE FIRST STEP MUST ME DONE,
LET´S START THIS FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE YOUR TESTIMONY BE HEARD BY THE WORLD
RECORD YOURSELF IN VIDEOS
SPREAD THE WORD
HONOUR LOUIS AND HIS WIFE
HONOUR THE HUMANITY
fight must start

Postby sixwings » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 am

Juan Carlos, thank you for your kind words. Your sense of urgency is what is missing in the ALS research community and even among some ALS patients themselves. But don't worry. I have planted a virus in the belly of the enemy. It will spread far and wide and they will not be able to stop it. They have tried to silence me and the message in vain. I get emails from around the world, from people who are planning on getting anesthetics treatments for themselves or their loved ones. Nobody can stop them.

I would like to emphasize what I have told them privately. I no longer recommend propofol even though it has proven effective in patients with bulbar ALS. Now, I only recommend volatile anesthetics such as sevoflurane, isoflurane or desflurane because they are much better potentiators of glycine receptors than propofol while also being effective at enhancing the GABA-A receptors.

Also, even though nobody has experimented with them yet, I believe that local anesthetics like lidocaine can be beneficial. Local anesthetics are much safer and cheaper than general anesthetics and can be administered by non-anesthesiologists in the patient's own home. My wife once noticed mild improvements in her left hand after receiving a light dose of lidocaine in her throat during a bronchoscopy. As was posted in the Testimonials thread, someone reported major improvements in her ability to speak after getting novocaine during a dental procedure.

We will keep on fighting until we slay the beast and walk all over its carcass.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Postby fight must start » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 pm

louis,
Your wife must be proud of your efforts if you continue with your fight.
It will be an enormous battle but i pray everyday it can be won.
please keep me inform of all the steps you are doing in the near future and the information you receive from people who writte you and the results they obtain.
again i would like to reafirm that all the positive steps that are made should be shown to the world and please make them opened for the rest of the patients in the world and doctors who can help with this fight.
i propose to make a youtube account for the future experiments. i believe that it will make the difference.
that is very important because the images are what can make the change.
i doubt any pharma company will be able to help, i´m convinced many diseases not only als but others like hiv is known how to be cured but until the patents of the medicamets wich are nowadays in the market expire and they rentabilize their investements they will not be shown to the world. it is really sad but they are only real working in order to obtain money. in this world the only important thing is the money. and a proof is that is known that many magnates of the pharma industry made their companys with not morally actions even is said some of them are involucrated with the mob and murders to make their money.
Fight must go on please don´t desist
I´d like to recomend you a film based on a real case wich could inspire you and many of pals who are trying the anesthesic hyphotesic: LORENZO´S OIL. That is a proof that this fight can be won
pD PLEASE KEEP ME INFORM OF THE ADVANCES YOU ARE INVOLUCRATED.
fight must start

Postby sixwings » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Juan Carlos, maybe there is something lost in the translation somewhere but you are beginning to sound a little strange for my taste. I am a very suspicious and cynical person by nature. You're going to have to really prove your intentions to me, amigo. The reason is simple. I don't like ass kissers. And you are beginning to sound like an ass kisser. Sorry. I am always very frank that way.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Postby fight must start » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:34 am

my only intention is that i have been reading alstdi last months and as a person who has a parient with als i would like to know if anesthesics can cure that disease; that is all nothing more.
at first i didn´t believe nothing but when it was said that mayo clinic wanted to develope a trial i would like to be informed about the possibilities becuause there is no time to wait for that trial.
i would like to be informed if other patients have had positive results and nothing more.
i would like that these positive results could be shown to the world by images and real testimonials with patients and doctors acrediting that in videos.
why????? because that is the only way that a doctor could give seflourane or other anesthesic to my parient with als. with words in a forum from people i have never met there is no way to obtain that treatment. my mum´s doctors never would give her that without those testimonials and a global recognition of anestehsics being a cure for als.
i only want to encourage people to show off the world the positive results if they are truth because there is no time.
those are my only intentions.
but if you don´t like my intentions no problem i won´t came to this forum never more.
i only was trying to be well behaved because so i have been educated since i was a child. that is how i speak and i treat to the people in spanish language and english language. and i never never will kiss an ass men.
maybe i am wrong coming to this forum but when you are desesperated seeing the person you most love in the world is going to die without any help you try to trust whatever you hear and you want proves and results as quickly as it could be.
i am also a frank person and i wrote so many times in this forum because i want anesthesic to be proved as soon as possible.maybe the frustration has made me think that anesthesic is the final cure and i insist so much but man maybe i am wrong and i am losing my time.
no problem for us if you don´t believe all i said that is my last post.
hope the cure is found as soon as posiible. i don´t mind if anesthesic if stem cells i only want to be informed and during this hard travel maintain my faith and my hope.
i wish you best .
fight must start

Postby sixwings » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:35 am

Sorry, Juan Carlos, I had to test you. After what I've been through these last years, I cannot trust anybody at face value anymore. I get unidentified strangers writing to me and telling me all sorts of things that I am supposed to believe without proof. So when I see you writing about providing video proofs on YouTube, I'm a little suspicious. Hang in there, don't go away.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Postby fight must start » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:34 am

louis the last thing i want is to writte here to hurt you or another person.
i proposed the videos because of the same thing you say: because any person could have written you or in alstdi saying that had obtain positive resaults and is a fraud.
I wrote to cypress and didn´t obtain an answer for example.....
in internet you don´t know what you can find.
also you must understand that humans we are as Santo Tomas : we don´t believe until we see.
I don´t want to disturb you more.

I´ll wait for next news please keep us informed

my best wishes
fight must start

Postby sixwings » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:05 am

Juan Carlos, I apologize for testing your sincerity. Please stay around. I had to because of the nature of the beast. Wherever there is a lot money to be made or to be lost, that's where you'll find some of the most dishonest people on earth. Cypress (James) is a busy man who probably gets a lot of emails inquiring about his experiments with anesthetics. He probably missed your email. Write to him again. I'm sure he'll reply eventually.

On a different topic, I have been corresponding privately with someone who told me about a female ALS patient with bulbar symptoms who received an anesthesia treatment consisting of propofol and halothane. I am told that the person saw no improvements whatsoever after the treatment. My analysis is there are several possible reasons for the negative outcome:

1. Propofol is not very effective with some types of ALS.
2. Halothane (a fluorinated anesthetic) is not very powerful at potentiating the glycine receptors compared to sevoflurane.
3. The patient did not receive a high enough dose of halothane.
4. The patient may have been misdiagnosed and does not have ALS.

I have learned that the therapeutic potency of the halogenated (fluorinated) anesthetics in ALS depends on the number of fluorine atoms in the formula. Sevoflurane has 7 such atoms, hence the name. Isoflurane has 5 and desflurane has 6. Halothane, by contrast, has only 3.

Having said that, I think a good alternate therapy for bulbar ALS consists of injecting the local anesthetic lidocaine or procaine in the patient's neck area. Somebody will have to conduct an experiment with a local anesthetic.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Ischemia, Vasodilators and Lidocaine

Postby sixwings » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:51 am

Another possible reason for getting a negative result from an anesthetics treatment has to do with ischemia in the spinal cord or brain stem. Inflammation often causes poor blood circulation. If that is the case, a concurrent treatment with a vasodilator (e.g., l-arginine or vinpocetine) is advisable. Again, a probably effective way around this problem is to use a local anesthetic. I don't think there is a need for intrathecal injections directly into the spinal cord. A few lidocaine injections on both sides of the spine should be sufficient, in my opinion, because of the ability of lidocaine to quickly diffuse into surrounding tissues.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

Local Anesthetic Experiment

Postby sixwings » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:35 pm

As I mentioned previously, my wife and I were on the verge of conducting an experiment with the local anesthetic lidocaine before she passed away unexpectedly. I had great hopes for the experiment because it would have been a tremendous breakthrough, had it been successful. It would have made it possible for do-it-yourself experimenters to conduct their own inexpensive lidocaine experiments at home. Injectable lidocaine is a controlled substance but it can be easily made at home by mixing saline water with pure lidocaine crystallized powder which can be legally bought on EBay. Besides, when you or your loved one is dying from a horrible disease, breaking the law is the least of your worries.

Lidocaine injections are very safe if simple precautions are taken. Since the injections would have to be done very close to the spine, you would need someone else's help. However, if you have bulbar ALS, the local anesthetic should be injected near the base of the skull and the back of the neck and you could do that on your own if you are strong enough. If you're not into self-experimentation, you could, alternatively, contact a pain clinic and arrange for a treatment. Just tell them you're in pain and insist on lidocaine or novocaine injections for the spine. They do that kind of stuff

I am hoping that someone is brave and enterprising enough to conduct this experiment. Success would mean that tens of thousands of ALS patients around the world would be able to get treatment right away. That would sure beat having to wait decades for the government to do something.
Louis Savain
sixwings
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The ALS/Anesthetics Hypothesis